Hanging with 680 very inebriated bike riders drinking New Belgium Beer in the sun after a crazy bike ride is how I spent my afternoon yesterday. Keeping them hydrated with nuun while listening to a sweet Blue Grass band overlooking beautiful downtown Des Moines and trying really hard not to sneeze so hard my head explodes!
The folks who ran the Urban Assault were awesome and Mullets bar has such a fantastic location! I have a bunch of swag to give away that Stacy from New Belgium gave me to share with you!
It was interesting to see some of the bike culture here in Des Moines.
So, Urban Assault is a scavenger hunt sort of ride put on by New Belgium Breweries. Beer and Bikes pretty much sums it up. There are 13 Urban Assault rides through out the country and Des Moines came in , so far, second with 680 participants behind Austins 1500 riders. There are 2 more to come so check out their page for dates and sign up for Chicago and Madison left this season!
Here is the view from the balcony of Mullets and you can see the stage and a wave of cyclists setting out on their adventure.
Keg bike! And in the background is the band.
I wish I could remember the name of the band......
The giveaway will run until Monday August 30th and I will announce the winners on the 31st!
- Be a follower of this blog and let me know you do so in a comment
- tell me if you want the t-shirt package or the bag package.
- do you ride a bike often? Is it a big part of your life?
- Do you wear a Road ID ?
- what is the bike culture like in your neck of the woods? Do you have paved paths to ride on?
- blog, facebook, twitter, ect. and tell me you did each time you do in a comment
Hope you all had a fun weekend!