I am supposed to share 6 things about myself......this kind of stuff is always hard!
- I love to blow glass. Its been years since I have had a studio as autism and babies have taken the focus but someday I very much want to do that again.
- I have been skydiving 4 times yet am very uncomfortable with heights. Now that I have children the practical has won out over daring. Daring is still there just waiting :)
- I was asked to fight this chick in Chicago about 12 years ago in an MMA match and I chickened out and turned down the promoter. It would have been a pro fight with travel and hotel covered. My dear one is an MMA fighter and trainer.
- I think S&M is kinda hot.
- I love that after having kids its not a big deal to speak frankly about bodily functions.
- I had a c-section with my first son at 22 years old due to him being a surprise breech while in labor. I went on to have a natural VBAC in a hospital, a natural birth in a birth center and a natural birth at home unassisted since my midwife was blessedly half hour late. I nursed all 4 boys.
Thats all I could think of on the fly!
So for running.... Its getting warmer here and the snow is melting! Looks like it will stay warm for a while now and I might get some barefoot time in soon outside. I ran 6.25 miles on the treadmill last night and worked on speed bursts. It went pretty well and I listened to music while Jaymon did his heavy bag work. The music was nice although I did miss watching Lost!
I have a 10k coming up at the end of March and I don't think that my feet are going to be conditioned for the road surfaces. I hope to get several runs in outside when we go back to Kansas over spring break. Its consistently warmer there.
Happy running all!
Congrats on the award, Angie! Hope you've had a delightful weekend! :)
Congrats on the Gorgeous Blogger Award!! Wow, you have been skydiving!! Holy crap, there is no way that I could do that...I am to much of a big chicken:) Heights just happen to scare me to death!! Go you, I am impressed!! Thanks for sharing more info about you Angie, I really enjoyed reading that:)
Skydiving sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to do it. BUT nobody is going to talk me into bungie jumping. Go figure.
Do you run on your treadmill barefoot?
Congrats on the award.
Way to go on the VBAC! I had a natural homebirth with my 2nd, after having a terrible hospital experience with our first. I am so excited to meet someone that has had a VBAC. Good for you!
Great list! I always wanted to go skydiving, but now that I have kids, I think not.
I love that you started having kids young ... I did too!
Awesome on the VBAC and homebirth. My second was born at home and it was the greatest experience ever!
Thank you all!
Its funny but I think it was scarier to go bungee jumping than it was to skydive. The perspective was so much more surreal skydiving and much more like standing on the ledge of a building. Fun but different.
Lauren its great to come across another VBACer. I have run the gauntlet with my birth experiences and they just kept getting better the close to home they got!
I am so glad I started having Kiddos young. My first was the best surprise ever. I never knew how great having kids could be. I didn't want any before he came along and now I have 4!
I like Laura's blog too;-) and cool that you know how to blow glass! you should do a post and show us some of your work!
Wow you almost got into MMA! I've always wondered if I'd enjoy that but I don't think I'd be any good if someone got me on the ground! I always wanted to go skydiving when I was younger, I seem to be getting more sensible/more wimpy as I get older though and I'm not so sure about it anymore haha, really enjoyed reading your six facts!
Skydiving was in my plan of things to do before a family, but got surprised with my little angle so it will have to wait till she is much older now. I also had a c-section and am hoping for a VBAC for my next one, it is hard to find a doctor willing to try it though. Oh I also wanted to say that you cracked me up with the warmer in Kansas thing, I am in Kansas and I think it is COLD. I guess it is all perspective though. Thanks for sharing a little about you with us!
Hi Angie! Thanks for posting my giveaway...love your blog. I think that's cool that you can blow glass! I'm also doing a 1,000 mile challenge this year, but I'm behind, gotta get back on track this month! Have a great week!
MMA or no MMA, remind me not to anger you!
So, two things... First, MMA is SOOO fun (to watch). I'm a total wuss and would get destroyed.
Second, glass blowing would be an awesome hobby to have. I am always amazed when I see people doing it on discovery.
Post a Comment