As I pulled the warm soft and sweet smelling blankets out of the dryer I thought that it was time to list some of the finer things in life.
I ran 8 miles on the treadmill after a 3 day break and was thinking of the finer things and how those warm blankets were going to feel when the chilliness set in after my run. Often I find myself making a mental note about an experience or object and how it just can't get better than this and how I wouldn't want to be anywhere else at that moment.
- Being engaged during a treadmill run while watching shows on Hulu.com and looking forward to a run because of said show. Lost, oh Lost, you toy with my emotions and I am only on season 1. This may seem trivial to some but to a runner stuck inside by huge amounts of snow and cold a happy treadmill run is a blessed thing.
- A beautiful sunset over the city skyline.
- The feeling of the cool hard concrete on the soles of my feet.
- A hug and a kiss from a lovely little one.
- Hand made hats from a talented Sister in law.
- A song that seems perfect at this particular moment in time like a soundtrack for life. This changes but sweet each time.
- Going over the blogs I follower and seeing that I won a giveaway!!!
I entered a Nuun hydration giveaway at Momvs.Marathon and lo and behold I frakkin won!!! I was looking for some hydration options for this season and the timing is awesome!
I will receive 3 tubes/flavors of Nuun, a Nuun waterbottle and a pair of Nuun socks for athletes.
Here is the link to their site. I look forward to trying their product and letting you all know about it here!!
Speaking of you all, I have 50 followers! How sweet is that!
Hello to Adam at I am Boring and thanks for being #50 and for the nice comments!
I have so many things I am working on and need to step it up a notch! I am on track for my running goals. I plan to run 1000 miles in 2010 and just hit 200.25 miles. That puts me 40 miles safely ahead for those times when I just don't feel like it or the rest of life takes precedence! To put those numbers into perspective, I ran 525 miles all of last year. I feel great with no injuries and lots of gumption! I am adding more speed work and hill work to keep things balanced.
I am working on a Kefir blog....still. I am also working on coming up with a recipe for gluten free energy bars to take on my long runs or before or even just for breakfast!
So far these are the ingredients that I purchased during a fun outing to the store with all four of my spawn tagging along. I am also going to add Salt Balance, vanilla, cinnamon, ground ginger and ground cloves. I tested my reaction to the gluten free Bobs Red Mill rolled oats and found it to be a success! No crazy bitchy tendencies after eating and no foggy brain! Today I tested the Crunchy Flax cereal and also found it to be a success! Now its time to mix and press into bars.
I will post a recipe when I have some finished bars! Wish me luck!!!
***Just signed up for this lovely Giveaway over at Love Veggies and Yoga!! I really want to win the Sunbutter!! ****