I contacted nuun after winning another bloggers giveaway to tell them how much I loved their product and to see if I could give some away on my own blog. At this same time nuun was getting into the Hy Vee grocery stores in Iowa. My giveaway was popular and I contacted Lola again to sing even more praises and to ask how I could be a part of nuun in my area.......Lola then offered me a job! The job sort of fell in to my lap and I snatched it up! Its nice to sell a product that I believe in and I can tell people who think I am just saying things because its my job to sell nuun. Au Contraire! It is in fact the opposite I got the job because of my love for nuun!
The new flavors will be Pink Lemonade, Fruit Punch, Lemon Tea, Tropical, and Grape!
My whole family drinks nuun any time we are sweaty or sick.
Dry winter air makes it tricky to stay hydrated so remembering to drink even in the winter can be hard but the flavor makes drinking water much easier.
Nuun has recently gone through some changes! New look, new label, new website yet all the same electrolyte goodness. Soon there will be 11 flavors to choose from! (the new flavors should be out in a month or so)
So WHAT ARE ELECTROLYTES?
As you might guess from their name, electrolytes are electrically charged, which means that they can conduct electrical impulses. The body needs electrical impulses to make muscle cells contract. The foods we eat and fluids we drink contain mineral salts, which form electrolytes when they dissolve in the fluids in our bodies.
The body has to perform a delicate balancing act to keep water and electrolyte levels just right. For example, whenever sodium levels dip too low, the kidneys are stimulated to produce more urine, which restores the balance by lowering the amount of water in the blood. And when the sodium level gets too high, thirst develops, stimulating the person to drink. A hormone is also secreted by the brain in response to thirst that causes the kidneys to produce less urine. Together, these effects result in dilution of the sodium and the restoration of balance.
I am the Iowa team lead ambassador as well as a 2011 sponsored athlete.
Why do I choose nuun?
- I like that it comes in tablet form and all I need is water. No powdery mess to contend with.
- No bottles to throw away or recycle and there are 12 servings in each tube.
- Nuun has less than 8 calories.
- Zero sugars and no carbs
- The fast rate of absorption is ideal when running or working out.
- The kids, well all of us, can get it down easily even when sick.
- On long runs when I have done enough miles to make it hard to eat or drink, I still enjoy nuun.
- I get a balanced blend of electrolytes. I find that the calcium and magnesium is calming and the sodium to potassium ratio does a real number on cramping.
- The flavor is light and refreshing!
- The tubes come in handy and are recyclable. I have a tube with a large magnet glued to the back hanging on my fridge for a pen holder next to the grocery list. Change fits in it perfectly for feeding a meter and I have one in my purse for tampons and one for band aides and other first aid stuff.
I have found that nuun is the best option out there in regards to price at less than 50 cents a serving. You get more electrolytes without the added hassles or calories and its a balanced blend.
If you haven't tried it, you should! Here is a store locator link.
If you have a Hy Vee store near you, theres a good chance that you will find nuun in the health market. One of things I love about Hy Vee stores is that you can ask your health market manager to order items for you and they are great about accommodating this! If you need help with any of this give me a shout and I would be more than happy to help!
Perfect for cyclists, triathletes, runners, hikers, yoga bods, adventure racers, mountain bikers, swimmers, gym-goers, cross country skiers, joggers, and kayakers.........just about anyone “doing stuff” who needs to stay properly hydrated while being active!